March 17, 2020
This is an important message from The Energy Cooperative President & CEO, Todd Ware regarding COVID-19.
The Energy Cooperative remains committed to providing our members with safe, reliable and affordable energy during the COVID-19 pandemic. We understand the critical importance of the services we provide to our members. This can be particularly true in the most difficult of times, such as the one we are currently facing. Our staff has been meeting to evaluate options to help our members weather this storm. Careful consideration is given with every decision to ensure you continue to have the safest and most reliable service possible.
We are sensitive to our members that may have difficulties related to the COVID-19 outbreak. We are constantly evaluating the status of the outbreak in our service territory. As our members run into difficulties, we will work with them to ensure continued services while we deal with this situation.
Effective March 13th, we suspended disconnection of services for non-payment.
For those who were disconnected prior to this decision, please contact our office to make a payment arrangement to get your service turned back on. Although non-pay disconnects are suspended, I encourage everyone to continue to make payments so you will not have a large bill to settle when this is over.
The safety of our employees and the wellbeing of the community is a top priority for the cooperative. In response to this unique situation, we are taking the following actions:
- Our lobby at 1500 Granville Road will close Wednesday, 3/18/2020 and remain closed through Thursday, 4/30/2020.
- The drop box at our Granville Road office and the Utica Service Center will remain available 24/7.
- The drive thru at our Granville Road office will remain open during business hours (7:30am -5:00pm).
- At the drive thru we will no longer accept cash. We will accept a personal check, money order or credit card.
- Visitors are prohibited from entering our building.
- We have instituted a safety protocol for our field employees giving them instructions when having contact with our members in person.
- We have cancelled our Earth & Energy Day Event, planned for 4/26/2020.
Use SmartHub to Manage Your Account
During this important time, to minimize the spread for the COVID-19 virus, on-line services can be used to keep up with your transactions. SmartHub has several features that make managing your account extremely easy. Our members can pay their bill, view energy use, report service interruptions, submit meter reads, chat with a member service representative and get the latest news from The Energy Cooperative.
- myenergycoop.com: Access SmartHub, view the outage map, submit propane reads, contact us, chat with a member service representative, see the latest updates and announcements from The Energy Cooperative.
- SmartHub app: View your current energy use, pay your bill, verify and update your contact information, report service interruptions, get the latest news from The Energy Cooperative.
While we can’t eliminate the spread of COVID-19, together we can slow the transmission of the virus within our community. Please remember to follow the advice from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
We will continue to evaluate the situation and provide updates in the coming days. Visit myenergycoop.com for the latest information and chat with a member service representative. You can also contact us at 1-800-255-6815.
President & Chief Executive Officer