The Energy Cooperative is continually evaluating its cost to serve our members. This includes the total revenues needed, which fluctuate depending on the amount of energy used and the cost of generation, transmission, and delivery. Estimating the amount of energy that members use enables the Cooperative to determine what rates should be, which is reviewed annually. By monitoring our controllable expenses, we are able to provide affordable and reliable energy with cost-based rates.
Important Message Regarding Rate Adjustments
The Energy Cooperative’s Board of Directors has approved the following rate adjustments:
Residential Electric Members
The Facilities Fee adjusts from $26 to $27 per month effective January 1, 2020. There will be no change to the Generation and Transmission Charge and no change to the Distribution Energy Charge.
The monthly Facilities Fee covers the cost of bringing electricity to your home. It incorporates system maintenance for our electric lines, poles and meters. It also includes the administrative and record keeping tasks needed to keep your cooperative running.The cost of bringing electricity to your home does not vary with your energy use. Whether you use a lot or a little energy each month, the Facilities Fee ensures you have safe and reliable service 24/7/365.
If you have questions regarding these rate adjustments, please contact our Member Service Department at (800) 255-6815.
Miscellaneous Charges/Fees Effective January 1, 2017.
- Returned Check: $ 30.00
- Credit Card Declined:$ 30.00
- Collection:$ 25.00
- Reconnect:$ 50.00
- Service Charge:$ 25.00
- After Hours Connection:$ 125.00
- Additional Trip:$ 50.00
- Deposit (Maximum):130% of highest bill during last 12 months at that service address.
- Seasonal Reconnect: $25 for each month the service is off, with a maximum of $300.00
- Extended Non-Pay: $25 per month
- UUE – Measuring & Control: $ 75.00
- UUE – Line Department: $ 125.00
- Meter Replacement: $ 37.00
- Meter Cover: $ 10.00
- AMI Replacement: $ 105.00
- Area Light: $ 12.00
- Damaged Equipment: Actual Cost
- Energy Advisor Fee: $ 99.00*
* $50.00 rebate available – certain conditions apply