The Energy Cooperative is continually evaluating its cost to serve our members. This includes the total revenues needed, which fluctuate depending on the amount of energy used and the cost of generation, transmission, and delivery. Estimating the amount of energy that members use enables the Cooperative to determine what rates should be, which is reviewed annually. By monitoring our controllable expenses, we are able to provide affordable and reliable energy with cost-based rates.
Important Message Regarding Rate Adjustments
Due to the results of a cost of service study, The Energy Cooperative’s Board of Directors has approved the following rate adjustments:
Residential Electric Members
Effective on all electric bills received after January 1, 2018, the monthly Facilities Fee will be adjusted from $25 to $26 per month. There will be no change for the monthly Generation and Transmission Charge and the Distribution Energy Chargeso they will remain the same.
To continuously provide Cooperative members with safe, reliable energy at a moment’s notice, The Energy Cooperative (TEC) must maintain system equipment such as electric lines, poles, and meters. TEC must also perform record keeping and administrative tasks. The monthly Facilities Fee covers the cost of these services. These costs do not vary with consumption. They are charged equally to all members so that each member can have reliable service at any time. Whether you use a lot or a little energy each month, the cost of providing electricity or natural gas to your home or business remains the same no matter the time of year.
If you have questions regarding these rate adjustments, please contact our Member Service Department at (800) 255-6815.
Miscellaneous Charges/Fees Effective January 1, 2017.
- Returned Check: $ 30.00
- Credit Card Declined:$ 30.00
- Collection:$ 25.00
- Reconnect:$ 50.00
- Service Charge:$ 25.00
- After Hours Connection:$ 125.00
- Additional Trip:$ 50.00
- Deposit (Maximum):130% of highest bill during last 12 months at that service address.
- Seasonal Reconnect: $25 for each month the service is off, with a maximum of $300.00
- Extended Non-Pay: $25 per month
- UUE – Measuring & Control: $ 75.00
- UUE – Line Department: $ 125.00
- Meter Replacement: $ 37.00
- Meter Cover: $ 10.00
- AMI Replacement: $ 105.00
- Area Light: $ 12.00
- Damaged Equipment: Actual Cost
- Energy Advisor Fee: $ 99.00*
* $50.00 rebate available – certain conditions apply