The Energy Cooperative Operation Round Up Foundation Scholarship was created by the foundation’s board of directors to reward students who have committed themselves to the pursuit of a college education. This scholarship rewards those students expressing the following values in their lives: accountability, integrity, innovation and community commitment.
The following students earned a $2,500 scholarship from The Energy Cooperative Operation Round Up Foundation, and were recognized at the Annual Meeting of Members on May 20, 2019:
- Ethan Garrett – Maysville High School
- Corbin Hazen – Danville High School
- Sarah Hill – Granville Christian Academy
- Allissa Pfister – Utica High School
- Alisha Slone – Johnstown High School
- Nathan Stone – Granville High School
- Faith Triplett – Watkins Memorial High School
- Nicole Weber – Loudonville High School
The following students earned $2,500 scholarship from The Energy Cooperative Operation Round Up Foundation in memory of Bruce A. Sumner, former vice president and chief operating officer of electric operations at The Energy Cooperative:
- Hannah Hartman – Philo High School
- Grant Myers – Newark Catholic High School
The John C. “Jay” Barker Scholarship, created in memory of Jay Barker who was one of the original board members of The Energy Cooperative Operation Round Up Foundation was awarded to: Brook Abbott – Ohio University.
The Energy Cooperative awarded a total of $12,000 in scholarships to the following high school seniors:
- Chad Bell – Tri-Valley High School
- Chance Campbell – Fredericktown High School
- Jonathan Crow – Mount Vernon High School
- Malia Jones – Johnstown High School
- Andrea Kuhn – Watkins Memorial High School
- Caroline Liggett – Northridge High School
All students were judged on scholastic records, personal achievement, and school and community activities. We also thank the judges from Denison University for selecting the scholarship recipients.
Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives Statewide Scholarship Recipient Caroline Liggett, a graduate of Northridge High School, was awarded a $1,750 scholarship in Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives’ Children of Members Scholarship competition. Liggett, the daughter of David and Julia Liggett competed for more than $36,000 in scholarship awards.
The Energy Cooperative selected three students to attend The National Rural Electric Cooperative’s Youth Tour in Washington DC. Pictured with Senator Rob Portman are Caroline Sedor, Abigail Buckingham, and Isabella Clark.