Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies Link

The Energy Cooperative would like to provide you with a list of possible programs that may assist you in paying your utility bills.

Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) is a federally funded program designed to assist eligible low-income Ohioans with their winter heating bills. Your HEAP benefit consists of a credit on your account each year. You may receive a voucher if you are a customer of a rural cooperative, municipal utility, use bulk fuel or have a master metered account. If your household has a member who is age 65 or older and/or a member who is totally and permanently disabled, the household will be evaluated for an increased benefit. If you have questions about HEAP call HEAP’s Toll-free number 1-800-282-0880. For the hearing impaired with TDD 1-800-686-1557.

County’s Veterans Service Commission (VSC) provides financial assistance for overdue utility bills. Each county has a VSC that can provide assistance up to four times in a 12-month period. Eligible Veterans must live in a county for 90 days. Otherwise, contact the previous county of residence. To be of service, the VSC needs applicant’s net income for the last 30 days, the overdue bills and their discharge or DD-214 papers. Widows or Widowers should bring their spouse’s discharge or DD-214 papers.

Other agencies in each county which may provide assistance are as follows:

Job and Family Social Services

Ashland Co 419-289-8141
Coshocton Co 740-622-1020
Fairfield Co 740-652-7889
Gallia Co 740-446-3222
Guernsey Co 740-432-2381
Knox Co 740-397-7177
Licking Co 740-670-8999
Meigs Co 740-992-2117
Muskingum 740-454-0161
Noble Co 740-732-2392
Perry Co 740-342-3551
Local Churches
Community Action Agencies
United Way