Operation Round Up Foundation
Together we can make a difference in our community!
In 2005, The Energy Cooperative’s Board of Directors adopted a Community Service Program called Operation Round Up. The program “rounds up” a member’s bill to the nearest dollar and that amount (which is completely tax deductible) is donated to local charities in our service area. All funds stay in the community to benefit the members of The Energy Cooperative.
Members are automatically enrolled in this program. The average amount any given member donates is just $0.50 per month, with the maximum being $12 per year. Your bill shows the rounded up amount, as well as the actual amount. At year’s end, you will receive your total contribution for that year on your monthly statement. If you choose not to participate in this community service program, call Member Services at (800) 255-6815 or click to “opt out” below.
Operation Round Up Foundation
A separate foundation was established to oversee the program, called The Energy Cooperative Round Up Foundation, Inc. Operation Round Up is having a favorable impact on our community and is available to eligible parties in our service area – not just members. This foundation has allocated funds to fire departments, senior citizen centers, schools, community agencies and youth programs.
The mission of the Energy Cooperative’s Operation Round Up Foundation is to utilize member contributions for the investments in programs and services that improve the quality of life for our Cooperative members in the communities we serve.
Board of Directors
- Beth Barker, Chair
- Jenny Morehead
- Kelly Brenneman
- Bryan Melsheimer
- Jeff Kovalik
- Tom Graham
- Todd Ware
Do you know an organization who could benefit from an Operation Round Up Grant?
Organizations of all types are eligible for Operation Round Up Grants. The Board meets six times annually to review and award grants. Applications must be submitted by the dates below to be considered for the meeting.
Before You Apply
Here are a few helpful tips to consider before you submit an application:
- Be specific in your ask. General requests will not be accepted.
- Operation Round Up’s Board is looking to fund capital expenditures. For example, requesting funds to cover a salary or monthly bill is not acceptable as they are operating expenses.
- Do not wait until the day before the application deadline to submit your application. This gives us time to review your application and request any additional information needed for consideration.
If you have any questions, contact Brianna Stone at 740-348-1199.
- October 4, 2022 (Application Deadline: September 23)
- December 6, 2022 (Application Deadline: November 25th)
- February 7, 2023 (Application Deadline: January 24, 2023)
- April 4, 2023 (Application Deadline: March 21, 2023)
- June 6, 2023 (Application Deadline: May 23, 2023)
- August 1, 2023 (Application Deadline: July 17, 2023)
- October 3, 2023 (Application Deadline: September 19, 2023)
- December 5, 2023 (Application Deadline: November 21, 2023)